Thursday, December 29, 2011

art

 I have finally submitted a few of my pieces to a very small art show in Denver at a center for women called Pomegranate Place.  Here are four of them.  I submitted eight.  The paper pieces are heavily worked, mixed media measuring 24-36.
 The mixed media encaustics are 36 x 36
 and 24 x 24.

I have to put a price on them.  Which isn't easy for me, since all are born and kin to my heart.  I rarely exhibit my work, choosing instead to cherish and hide them like so many precious aspects of my soul too vulnerable to risk censure.  I choose instead to shine and step out from the shadows of hiding  and express my belief in the inherent beauty of creating.

3 comments:

Wind said...

You have so much to be proud of! Your art is something that has long wanted to touch other peoples lives. I applaud you with complete adoration.

Karuna said...

Wow. i love all the texture!
i can see all the emotion in it....
beautiful...

Nancye said...

Love your artwork!
Just beautiful.